Saturday, January 01, 2005

Flashback (1): Tenant and Landlord Clash


Resurrect came home with her Romanian gf last night and we all celebrated the New Year with a glass of Champagne. It tastes good and doesn't have much alcohol (I guess just about 15%) and that's women's favorite.
Today, 01.01.05, reminds me of a good memory of the firsts days I came to Canada. When I just arrived after 2 days staying in a hotel, I settled down in D. H.'s house, a crazy but nice in a way, guy from Bangladesh, who has been living in Canada since his high school years. In the first day of 2002 there was a very nice fight between him and one of his tenants Ali A., a guy from Abadan who flee to the US after Iran-Iraq war began in 1980. On that time Ali A. used to live with a black guy, Montel and what I did in just a month is ruined their reputation and blamed many things on them. D. H. got very angry with them and they got very mad at me! So on that day Ali A. and the landlord threw punches at each other and Ali grabbed his throat and was about to choke him! I remember that they had two clashes. I pretended that I'm trying to meddle the second one. D. H. was so angry and shouting and swearing and I was really happy by seeing that. Finally D. H. went upstairs (they lived in the basement) as his older son saw the fight and got really frightened and upset!
I used to go for a half an hour jogging almost every day on that time and when I dressed to go that afternoon, D. H. asked me not to go! He was really scared, I guess, 'cuase those two guys could beat the shit of him and leave him there and he could do nothing. But I went for my exercises and told him not to worry. Nothing had happened when I was home. I hared from the other guys later that Ali A. is involved in drug dealership and once I saw him in downtown. He was really happy, he hugged me and told me that his Green Card is almost ready and he would be gone to the US soon!
(Photo: This picture might not be a good one chosen for the New Year but reminds me of the early days of the devastating war. Residents of Abadan are shown here defending their beloved city. No sign of brain-washed fake volunteers is seen here!)

No comments: