Monday, May 22, 2023

Lawless

A few movies have been made about the Prohibition Era. At least I know a couple. The most famous one being The Untouchables which most of the young movie-lovers might not have even heard of it. It's a good movie which because of its actors, got more attention than it deserved. 
I watched another movie just recently which made me completely disappointed: Lawless. This is a movie from 2012 with lost of actors and actresses who later became famous or already were famous: T. Hardy (Mad Max: Fury Road) ,  G. Pearce (Prometheus, L. A. Confidential) , S. LaBeouf (I, Robot, that's where I know him from!), J. Chastain (Zero, Dark, Thirty), G. Oldman (The Professional, JFK), G. Clark (Planet of the Apes), ... .  
This proves that it's not just the cast that makes a movie great. There should be a good story as well as other crew and factors. The guys attack a lone fella and cut his throat with a dagger and in a week he's okay and walking like nothing has ever happened! Hardy plays his usual big and tough guy and tries to be more serious that he has ever been on any movie but the silly story kills all his efforts! I'm not telling the story here, so there won't be any spoiler, although it's a movie from 11 years ago but if you want to be laughing at a stupid and non-comic movie and then get bored after half an hour, give this a try. I've always said that and I'm saying it again here: If a movie is good I watch it multiple times. This one I was barely able to finish it. Last word before rating it: Make sure no heavy object is near you while watching this Master-Piece-of-Shit(!) or you'd lose your TV. The movie gets 1 out of 5
(Photo: Gay Pearce in a scene of the movie. His performance was great as always but the story sucks big time and ruins everything)

No comments: