Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Summer of Hell

There has been different parts of the country facing different natural disasters. Most of them are blamed on the global changes in weather. Some are called natural but who is to blame for the fundamental changes in the weather?! Western countries, mainly, the US, Canada and other consumer-constantly-spending encouraging nations! From the sever snow storms in Atlantic Canada, to floods in Quebec and from landslides in British Columbia to wildfires in Alberta which we are facing now. 
It's turned to hell in the past two days. You can smell smoke as soon as you step outside the door and it's really dark. I used to sit in my living room up until 22:00 without needing a light. Now I have to turn it on around 20:00. I started having a headache in the early afternoon yesterday which went away shortly after I got home but I still have it in the second day of the presence of a think smoke blanketing the entire city. 
People waited more than 6 freaking months to be able to go outdoors and enjoy the weather, especially now that we're close to the May long weekend but I guess all of the plans shall be cancelled. 
I would have been in Europe, in less than a week, had I not cancelled my trip but I did for the reasons I've explained earlier (to myself at least!) and there's no need to repeat it here! 
(Photo: Looking at the sun with naked eyes in the morning! when it has ever been possible?!)

No comments: