Saturday, December 02, 2023

The 2023 Christmas Party

This years Christmas party was held a bit early. When I say this year's it doesn't mean that there was a last year! The previous work did not hold a Christmas party or if they did, I was not invited. I didn't want to attend first and then I was told that it would not have a good impression on the top management. The party was held in a local bar which I would not name it here because despite the good atmosphere and the good service, the food was very bad. I don't want to ruin their reputation. When I got there, the majority of the people had already arrived. I said hi to a few and headed to the bar. I had to add that I had not eaten anything but a couple of cookies since the night before(!) to be able to enjoy the dinner as much as I was able to! Wrong! I had drank several glasses of water and the last couple, in the hotel, was lemon water. So felt so weak that I ate one of those cookies that I mentioned earlier, in the hotel. In the bar I ordered a double Vodka on Ice and that did the job on the empty stomach! I had my eyes on a very pretty but crazy girl: tall and slim, fair completion, pale, incredibly beautiful and lovely hair. She once waved at me at work and I got that as a sign! There was not any other signs(!) after that rather than a few ordinary hellos. I approach her and she was as beautiful as she had been and after saying hello and exchange of a few words I asked her something that I do not remember and added the question of whether her boyfriend knew. She said that there was not such a thing as a boyfriend. I considered that another sign and that in fact was contrary to what Éclair had told me. He has everyone's profile! I also remember that once a few weeks ago she had indicated that she was sick and her mom took take of her. With that in mind I indicated to her how lovely she looked but I didn't get a positive response. The food was served shortly after that and I have to stress that it really sucked! They had 
1) Mix steamed vegetables. It was completely bland!
2) Sliced Turkey. Dry and bland!
3) Salad. Did not look very appealing and I was starving! So I ignored them.
4) Brisket. Chewy and rubbery! The different dressings would not help. Besides I believe that a little seasoning shall be enough to make your meat enjoyable but when it is not cooked well, you may add as much sauce and the end result would be the same. 
The funny thing is they have Mashed Potato and something else called Stuffing! Mashed Potato had the same issue as the other food and what the hell is the Stuffing doing in a plate next to others? Shouldn't it be inside the Turkey?
The Brisket was so bad that I resorted to Seinfeld approach to rid of one big bite! Jerry is invited to a meal in an episode called The Wink and mutton is served. He either does not like it or like my brisket finds in so hard to chew! He would then spit them in these nice blue hand-made napkins and would stuff them in his jacket's pockets! In one case I did exactly that with this difference that I jumped off the table to run to the trash bin in the bar! 
Prize calling started after the miserable dinner and I didn't get anyone which was fine. My target was that girl but she did not respond well. the rest of the night was spent on drinking the same damn thing and talking to different people. The very interesting thing about this party was that I was introduced to too many people and too many people came to me and started talking, all either from the long-time working people of the company who knew my name, already and they were all very nice, asking me if I had a good time and other things. Once a guy came and started talking to me and said that he was the owner of the pub! He was talking like for 20 minute and I think he was half drunk but he was saying all the good things and so. I can't understand why the owner of the bar and also his wife shall attend a company party regardless of anything that they might have!
Another highlight of the party were two women whom I think they had been paid to be there but I don't know if they would eventually provide any other services to anyone. I realized that one of the top managers whom his wife was not there, spent a lot of time with them but it didn't go past hugging but they were all drunk and didn't know what exactly they were doing. I think they were both married and texting their husbands to come and get them from a nearby town. I think I was the first one that I chatted with them but then they went with the dancing gang and despite a few times that we interacted briefly, there was no other connection. I left shortly after the music ended but had difficulty sleeping most of the night. The bed was not comfortable and the room was too hot but my stomach and everything else in that area was not hurt.
(Photo: This blurry screen shot shows Jerry and Elaine at a table waiting for the host. Jerry is holding one of the famous napkins)

No comments: