Saturday, December 30, 2023

Worst Christmas Ever

It's been one week since Christmas and I'm still sick! We were off work at noon the previous Fri. (not yesterday) so everyone could spend enough at home to get ready for the big night. Not that there was not already enough time available! Did I care? No! Because for me it meant going all the freaking way back and add to the top of that being sick, it didn't help much! 
I was so sick that I have not been for years: Soar throat, body aching all over. Could barely move. Spent most of the time during Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, you name it, at home and in the damn bed. Could not eat much and still have an awful taste in my mouth. Eclair took me and one of the ladies to a lunch where I only ordered a bowl of soup and in this era you know what a restaurant bowl of soap means! The amount that I'd taste to see if I made it right, if I made it. There was no appetite and there still is no appetite. We went to a local Indian restaurant for lunch yesterday and same story. The food was good and I enjoyed it but not to the extent that I usually do! 
I don't know how I contracted it but that was not what you want to have at Christmas time. I eventually went to a local pharmacy and got a pack of Tylenol and a bottle of gargling medicine! Cost me a total of $30 or more for these two pieces of sh*t because an a**hole whom I do not know who they were, had been sick and came to work to make others sick. And I don't know how many time people have been told that they should stay in the pigsty that they usually stay at(!) when they're sick but they don't listen. 
Now I have about 3 days off, I need to study for a damn test, another one(!), in the 8th. BigHead has already failed it. Got only nearly 60% he said. Warning! 
(Photo, top: The bowl of soap that was served to me in a local restaurant in central Alberta. I will write about the restaurant later, if I visit again because I would not like to judge a restaurant based on one visit only. Photo, right: One of the top people in the company gave this to me as a Christmas gift after asking me if I drank wine and what sort it would be. I didn't want to disappoint him so I said I did and mentioned: anything but Red Wine as I have gout. It's a regular wine you probably can buy in any store for under $20, most likely. It says it's from California and contains Sulphites which is very alarming! I haven't touched it yet but a few options have already come to my mind: 1] Re-gifting it. 2] Giving it to The Chef which is basically the same with this difference that he probably knocks one off every night and he lost his job as a result of over drinking and being drunk at work. So it would not make a difference for him! 3] Using it as a paint thinner! This last one is from Seinfeld! It's just a joke. I'm not a painter!)

No comments: