Sunday, July 07, 2024

A Quiet and Quick Place!

After watching the first A Quiet Place movies, which were both very entertaining, I decided to see the third or in fact the first part in a movie theatre. So I grab Farzin and we headed to a local theater. I don't know it was because it's Stampede time or simply being summer but there were no more than 15 people in there to watch the movie! As usual, the first half an hour of the time that they indicate it is part of the movie, is about commercials, which is fine but if you haven't been to any theater for more than 5.5 years and the film is only an hour and a half, then having half an hour commercial seems a bit too excessive. 
Without spoiling any part of the story, I have to say that it might not be as exciting as many expect. The acting is good, especially the African actress, Lupita, has a tremendous act. I had not seen her in any movie before but I had heard about her a lot. The story is not too bad and it shows how the disaster started but I don't know why people expected more! Perhaps some complain why it quickly reached the end! 
If you're expecting an action movie, this is not for you but if one hour of good acting and mediocre story entertains you, it's worth watching. 
(Photo: A screenshot of the actor and actress whom half of the story is about them)


No comments: