Monday, September 22, 2003

The Royal Tyrrell Museum

The first thing is I went to The Royal Tyrrell Museum in Drumheller on Aug.31. I rented a Chrysler Sebring and drove all the way to the museum. Although that's a very comfortable and reliable car but the road made me very tired. It was all wheat farm in the way and nothing else. Highway number 2 was very busy till Airdrie but when I turned right to highway 72, it was very quiet. After highway 72 there is highway 9 which takes you to Drumheller. It's a town with all facilities and services like any other town in Canada.
Actually after High River, Canmore and Banff, this is the forth Canadian town I've been to. I've never been to a city but Calgary so far.
The Royal Tyrrell Museum is 10 min. driving from the town. A very large and fantastic building. It was busy as that was the last long weekend of summer. Many families were there with their kids. It's a very good place for kids to learn about dinosaurs and their life. There is something like a remote control of electric appliances that can be rented from the information desk. When you are in front of the cabinets which is specified with a number and a symbol of a headphone, you can use that number and the tool explain the thing to you. I didn't get one but it was available.
The museum is very interesting and there are too many things to see and read. And you can take many photos. As I started late (By the time I got to the museum it was 03:00 PM, I guess, I get tired and left the museum while passed many things. I would like to see it again. May be next year with Mom and Farzin.
(Photo: One of the many interesting pieces in Royal Tyrrell. A dinosaur embryo in an egg)