Thursday, January 28, 2021

My Issue with Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker

I used my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker for the 2nd time since I have purchased it a number of years ago! Why? Because it's a lengthy and expensive process. This time, I made Mango Gelato and  I was going to impress the lady at workplace but when the result didn't come out well, I didn't even bother offering her that! 
So what the problem is, and I just sent a message to Cuisinart Canada in that regard, is that either the ice cream or gelato is very icy and hard. The instruction says that keep it out of the freezer for 15 minutes before serving but even that didn't help much. The texture is simply not good. What I'm going to do, before receiving any response from their customer service is to go through this simple process:

1- Leave the gelato out of freezer for 15 minutes.
2- Mix it very well with a fork and soften it with the back of teaspoon!
3- Leave it for another 5 to 10 minutes to see how it responds

One issue might be that in the recipe it is asked for Mango Nectar and I simply added more Mango Puree but that diversion could not be the cause, I don't think. I also didn't add that much sugar that they have recommended because my intention was to use the natural sweetness of mangos. The result is not great but it's healthier, something that most of the people don't care about. I also didn't reach that temperature while I was mixing some ingredients, mainly because I poured some by accident on the stove and I realized I was losing the rest. So instead of reaching the desired temperature, I kept going and mixed all of the ingredients and finished the process.
I doubt that any of the above could be the cause but I will try another recipe, this time, step-by-step and ingredient by ingredient to see whether there will be any issue with the product until I receive a response from Cuisinart.
(Photo: A small bowl of Mango Gelato that I made last week. Most of them are still sitting in my freezer)


No comments: