Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker

I had my first experience with the this model of Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker this week. The result was not so bad when I made a Chocolate Ice Cream. F. F. said that it was a bit dry and gave me 8 out of 10! I added 500 ml cream instead of 800 ml and that was whipping cream which should be different from heavy cream, something that I did not find. The problem was after I mixed everything, which was an easy step, I poured the mix into the machine and let it run for 35 min.(!) and at the end it was a soft mixture that I had to put that in the freezer for at least 2 hours! I left it in there for the whole night and the next day. Rather than that I had to keep it's bowl which has a layer of water, in the freezer for hour before mixing the ingredients! So the question is, is that worth going through this much trouble?
(Photo: My little bowl of Chocolate Ice Cream made with Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker)

No comments: