Saturday, February 25, 2023

Flashback (36): Boarding a Bus with a Can!

Hypocrisy is being practiced all around the world more than anything else including democracy! There's no doubt about it. Not to mention that the thing they call it democracy in West, in countries such as Canada and the US will not fit into many other countries such as, I don't know, Afghanistan
Canadians always say to avoid stereotyping and I have written about it before but they are master of the job! This little story occurred probably more than 15 years ago but for some reason came to mind and I thought to say it here because there's not much going on! 
I just had left the work and was walking toward a bus station. There was a convenient store on my way. I stopped by and purchased a can of vegetable juice, opened it and started drinking while continuing my walk to the bus stop. The bus arrived shortly after I reached the stop. I was going to get in and the driver went: Not with that in your hand! I answered by saying: What's wrong with this?! He looked closer and then said: Oh! Okay! Get in! Obviously he had thought that it was a can of Beer! These people here they have all sorts of speculations and assumptions! Why? Simply because they're not open-minded! They're field of vision is very limited! These are the people who, after more than 150 years, still call the Native people of North America, Indians! How stupid is that? It's obvious that the people who have not gone passed Las Vegas or at the most, one of the resorts in Mexico, do not have the capability to understand that not everyone shall be dependent on alcohol and drugs which many of the Canadians are! If I'm walking with a can in my hand in the late evening hours when the sun is almost down, People would assume that I'm holding a can of Beer because that's what Canadians mostly do! I have even seen people on a bus with a paper bag wrapped around their booze, sitting and drinking! 
(Picture: V8 has been the subject of this discussion whether it is a healthy beverage or not. It's not covered here. All I can say that I have not drunk this or any juice for that matter for a very long time, unless I made that juice myself at home but that's me!)

No comments: