Thursday, September 21, 2023

A Pain

I received a job offer after almost 3 months of searching, yesterday. Not a bad one but I'm telling you it's a pain. It's a big pain. Every time you have to send resume and wait for the calls and do the damn interview and you go there and find all new people that you gotta know and work with and that's the part I'm good at but still it's not a fun process. And then you quiet or get laid off and you've gotta start over. 
This position looks good and the company seems to be stable but you never know what's in the people's head. They might only want you for a few months to get something done and then rid of you. They, of course, never tell you and now you're in the middle of a big spending and all of a sudden realize that you've been laid off and have all these bills coming to you, the fact many people pay no attention to! 
I've been wanting to buy a car because mine is old and fro that reason I visited a couple of Toyota dealers to see what I can get. Both of them were dumb asses! I'm looking for either a Camry Hybrid, Prius or Tacoma and one might question why such a great diversity! The fact is I like them all and I need them all but don't have enough money to buy at least the two that I need! My workplace is now away and I need to drive on the highway for quite a long time and that drive will not be much fun in winter. I saw so many accident and many cars in the ditch and collided with each other last winter. I certainly don't wanna see that to happen to me this year particularly that now I'm driving longer distance and in opposite direction which is more dangerous. Camry Hybrid and Prius are both excellent for such a trip. Safe and fuel efficient but Tacoma is much safer and more reliable but none of them could be purchased less than $40K and I wonder if that's a good investment. I need a car anyway but I can always go for something cheaper. I was the one who wanted to buy a Tesla Model 3 which is not less than $66K! Now I'm even hesitant about a $40K vehicle although I even have cash for that and don't have to pay the damn 7% interest! 
My other option would be renting a place in the new town but with the rate gone up so high, It'd cost not less than $1000 a month. In a year, I'd spent enough to be able to to pay a big chunk of my car's money! So thing's aren't that good at the moment. Really, It's a pain! 
One of the other painful drawbacks of switching jobs, even willfully, is the fact that every time you quit a position and then get another one, regardless of the time you have to search and go through all the shit, when you have the the job, normally you'd have to wait three months until your benefits kick in. Many people, especially the young ones may not even care about that. I never did, even 10 years ago. Now that I take a couple of pills every day, for my Gout, it would be nice to have a medical plan so I don't have to spend too much on pharmaceutical(!) but I have to wait until the new year to have my benefits while my pills are about to finish. Thanks goodness that these are not essential medicine. They help me but my life does not depend on them! The previous piece of dung(!) dung deducted too much for insurance from me every month and I only was able to use it a few times, the entire 13 months I work for them and it was mandatory!
(Photo: I buy a bag of Whole Wheat flour once in a while to make flat bread or other types with my machine. This is the French side of the package! No offence to our French-speaking people. It's a pain!)

No comments: