Saturday, September 30, 2023

The First Week of the New Work

I finished the first week of my new job, yesterday. Not so bad. If I put the long distance between home and work, nothing else is an issue. They want me to do as many as 3 or for certificates and I will be okay with that. There was this clown who act as sort of someone who runs what I'm supposed to be in charge of later and he was training(!) me. A goofballs who doesn't even know what " Revision " number means in a document and does not have " Page number " on a 2-page document! Everything he has been doing has been told by an Oriental guy who is his boss. The nut-bag says that he cannot agree with the Oriental fella. The good thing is he won't be working past the new year and with Oriental guy going to another facility, I'll be the one in charge. It seems to be lots of responsibility for the money I am going to be paid but what the hell? There're not many jobs available and the country seems to be stepping into another recession!
I didn't know any other position which could pay me more or has at least a similar work until I came back home yesterday: There was an e-mail from the position offering department of the Government indicating that I was considered amongst the candidates. It's a good news and I'm happy to take that. It's in another province and they need multiple people. So my chance is not very slim. The money might be a little less, besides I will have to pay more for my daily costs due to higher GST and PST but I still would take that because it is a Government job in a new province and I'll probably be set up for life but still have to wait for another contact.
The surprising thing about this job is when I was checking my account to pay a couple of bills today I realized that I have been paid for the week! So I don't really know how it happened and I have no pay-stub! beside it's a little less than what I've anticipated and will have to check with the office this Mon. How I found out is because this week has been my first week, I still am eligible to file an EI report which I did for the previous week. I was ask how much I was expecting to be paid and I put a number based on my offer letter. Seems that I was too happy with myself! The actual amount was a bit less, not a whole lot. So I will have to contact Service Canada this Mon. and report it. 
(Photo: My new job is not much similar to this but at least I don't have to be outdoor or lift anything heavy)

No comments: