Saturday, July 08, 2023

You've Got nothing to Lose

I don't remember if I've quoted my former buddy " Kamikaze " or not but when it came to job application he always encouraged me to apply for everything that I thought I might have a chance. It was his idea because he believed that we have nothing to lose. I don't agree completely. At times a firm posts a position which might not fit you completely and you have a small chance. You apply for that and you won't get it. If there is a position later which you find a much closer match, you might not have the chance anymore because you've sent a resume and it's been already rejected. Sending an altered resume would certainly change nothing. 
With that in mind I applied for a position which while I believed I could do it, it was in an industry that I had never work in and sounded it would be a bit complicated. An East Indian fella contacted me and we had a conversation. He insisted that it was not an interview. Okay! I then was expecting him or someone else to call me and invite me to " an interview ". Hasn't happened yet and I don't think it will happen because our talk took place last Tue. It would've been a good position: Not too far from home. A fair amount of daily commute (in comparison to the horrible daily drive to that shit job!), permanent position (at least that's what they said!), good industry with a few known customers which I know would pay well for the goods and would keep asking for more.  It's not going to happen.
(Photo: Kamikaze were the Japanese pilots who made suicidal attacks, using their planes, to the enemy targets. It has nothing to do with my former buddy who live in Toronto but we don't associate any more. His first name just rhymes with this term, somehow! It's a nickname I've given to him. Has no meaning! Interestingly the subject of this post matches the act of Kamikaze pilots! They believed they had nothing to lose because they were sacrificing for their motherland, something that they were very proud of) 

No comments: