Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Never Put off Tomorrow What You Can Do Today

There was this lady whose desk was next to me at work. She was always nice. There were other too but this one was different. Never thought of asking her out because first of all there was another one who showed me the signs, gave me her number and we never went out! Secondly after that bad experience I thought I should forget about women at work, although that's the only place that I might have a chance! 
Once I went to work after a long time and she goes " I haven't seen you for a long time ". I was trying to not to misread the message! We had a short conversation and that was it. Then I thought I should ask her out, mainly because there was a long weekend and when I asked her what she was going to do she didn't say anything like " going to this place with my boyfriend " or " taking the kids to that place ". I still didn't ask her out because at work there are always other people and you cannot do that, especially if they're all women. 
I then decided to go one afternoon and ask her out once and forever! I made an excuse for myself every time I was going to do that and postpone it to the next week. Then it came the week that I was going to do that and that was the day I got laid off! 
I still can call her but I don't know how she would react because I only have her work number! That's why I haven't done it yet! I'm determined to do it this Fri. There'll be an update for that!
(Photo: Lack of confidence contributes a lot to postponing a date request, usually but in my case the problem was the situation we mostly were in. I strongly thought that asking in front of the others was impossible)


No comments: