Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Working Hard or Hardly Working?!

Canadian
s have been importing slaves (yes! slaves!) for more than 100 years to this country. And yes we're all slaves to the system. Some don't know it because, they're a little luckier than the rest. If you didn't know there's two types of slaves: Home Salve and Field Slave. Some people might be familiar with this terminology and know that I've simply replaced the term " Slave ", in the above two terms with an old term which is rarely used this days. Nevertheless Sikh Indians and Chinese are amongst the oldest slaves in Canada. I believe the large community of Sikhs in Abbotsford and Surrey (two of the most miserable cities in British Columbia!) are decedents of the very first load of Sikh slaves to Canada. The funny thing is these modern day slaves have taken over from their slave masters now, Canadians! I have had only short visits to Abbotsford and don't know much about it but I know there're neighbourhoods in Surrey that the residents are all Sikh! The Chef was saying something true and at the same time funny the other day. He was saying this Sikhs who are fighting for his independent state in northern India, Khalistan, in fact has established their Khalistan here in Canada! Abbotsford and Surrey in British Columbia, most of the northeastern quadrant Calgary, Alberta and Markham in Ontario are amongst the cities and towns which the majority of their residents are Sikh and they barely let anyone else in or if they do, they have a full control over them. How and where they could've had a better autogenous state, rather than Canada?! Without demonstration or poll or resorting to violence they've got what they wanted and as they reproduce like rabbits, their population soon with pass other ethnic groups and Canadians! 
It's obvious that these people were brought here to do the kind of work that Canadians are hesitant to do. The Chinese were brought to Canada to do the main railway system, I read once somewhere and the Sikhs for something of that nature. I know many of them used to work in the sawmills of British Colombia, many of them shut down now. It's understandable. The problem is they keep bringing people in while there's no jobs and no place to live. Rents have gone up so high this past year and so and the place that I have financed with a bank ( I refused to write " I purchased "!) has gone up significantly that now if I sell it, I not only can pay the loan I got from the bank, but also would be able to buy an AWD 2023 Tesla Model 3 and keep something in my account! Not that I have any plan for that until I find somewhere safe and comfortable to live!
Sikh Indians in Canada. They were and still are a big part of the workforce
With this introduction as why and how Canadians brought all these slave to the country, I being one and mostly these day all the slaves from the torn apart and devastated countries such as Syria, Afghanistan, Sudan, Ukraine (this one is a bit different. I will have a separate post for it, later), Iran, you name it, I would like to narrate what happened the other day in the neighbourhood. I saw a big truck, with a few tool boxes and ladders in the back pulled into a spot in front of a house. I don't spy on people but this is the neighbourhood I live. So I look outside at time to see what is going on. They were two big Canadian guys who started evaluating the situation(!) and having conversation. I didn't listen but my original though was that they were going to do something with the roof or the windows of the house, considering it's still warm. I thought they're fixing it for winter. They brought 5 different sizes(!) of ladders from the truck and positioned them at different corners of the property and continued their discussion. In a few minutes one of them was on the roof hip, doing something. I don't know why. This process took nearly 3 hours with the occupant coming out and engaging with the two. What was the outcome, eventually? Lights on the fascia!!! 
The occupant turn it on at dusk. It looked nice for a three-hour, two-man work! And turned it off, when it became dark, probably because of the energy bill they anticipated!
(Photo, top: Chinese railroad workers in British Columbia, courtesy of Coquitlam Heritage Society. Coquitlam, a suburb of Vancouver is now a neighbourhood occupied mostly by Iranians, rich Afghans and [South] Koreans. One of the interesting stories is about this Afghan warlord who had gained a fortune by selling guns and drugs and then moved to Canada and settled down in Coquitlam. He one day went back to Afghanistan to review his business. They gunned the bastard down there!)

No comments: