Monday, August 28, 2023

The Outraged (East) Indian

I've dealt with (East) Indians a lot here but before I even get to the story I have to clarify the reason why I used parenthesis for the word, East:This has been said at least once but when Christopher Columbus stepped on the land which is known as the United States of America now, he thought he had arrived at India as it was his ultimate destination! For that reason, he called the native Americans, Indians! This name has been stayed with them after all these years and both Americans and Canadians, the majority of them, still call the native people of North America, Indian and the people from India are called East Indian! As stupid as this is, I'm not going to write more about that here.
With that in mind, this new fella who worked with me was a different type of (East) Indian, from what I've seen. The Mumbling Guy is the main example of the majority of (East) Indians: Cheap, jealous, stingy, lair, all-time-bragging, coward, you name it! He was different but not better! He was belligerent, aggressive, lazy, coward, two-faced, gluttonous and of course, as it's the case with most of (East) Indians, jealous! I tried to establish a good relationship but it didn't go well. His laziness and aggressiveness bothered me the most but he was really jealous of everything. 
We had a good number of Ukrainian refugees who worked really hard. Coming out of a torn-apart country, by war, and a stinking village, they really wanted to compensate for their miserable life, so they all worked 10 to 12 hours and one day there was this rummer that one of the Ukrainian couples had purchased an apartment! That drove him to the wall. He had difficulty understanding how a couple of refugees from a devastated country has purchased a property in Canada less than a year after their arrival and he, a successful(!) and hard-working (East) Indian, still rents a place in one of the ugliest apartment buildings in Downtown Calgary although I have to clarify that the building is probably 100 times more comfortable and cleaner than the filthy hole in India that he has come from! He immediately told me that I had to contact my realtor(!) and ask her to find a place for him! I told him that he, first, had to talk to his bank to see how much loan he can get and that I would have been happy to introduce her to that lady realtor! He said nothing! I don't know how those guys had purchased the apartment and I don't know if it was just a rumor or truth but we all know that Ukrainians receive special treatment from the government and NGOs. He, overall, was not a bad guy(!) but because of his past and his size (he was a big guy) he thought that he was better than anyone else. Something which is quite common within (East) Indians! I called him last night to get some of my belongings that I had left behind when we used to work together. He didn't pick up! Don't know what's happened to him.
(Photo: India, the most red is the most racist nation in the world. The more red, the more racist the country and blue, is of course, not as much and it is just a general view. There are exceptions everywhere but I personally believe in it)

No comments: