Sunday, November 19, 2023

A Pan Handler in the Gas Station

We were in a gas station in Leduc last week when I saw an old Caucasian guy with a toque on his head (it was not cold at all) approached our car while carrying a big bag. I immediately realized that what he was after: He was picking empty cans and bottle because I saw his hands in the trash bin. Then he asked my colleague if he had any cans and bottles. When he said he didn't the guy asked if he could give him some change! You see the nerve of some assholes here?! Of course my colleague's response was negative again but I cannot believe some of the people in this country!
Then I saw his car a few feet away: A black Nissan Altima with big blue bags of the same shit in the bag seat! His car, in fact looked better than mine! Some people have no shame. How could you drive a car like that and fill it with garbage? How could you approach people for money after they tell you they do not have any bottles or cans in their vehicles? I have seen foreigners do that. I've seen foreigners, mostly East Asians (Orientals) do that but they either walk the streets or have a bicycle. I've seen the homeless do that as well but they're on foot and not, in most cases, aggressive. Some blame the economy for that. It's the scapegoat for everything these days!
(Photo: The guy's car with the big bags on the backseat)   

No comments: