Monday, November 06, 2023

The New Training

My new employer has asked me to do a course and here I am now in a Comfort Inn, and quite comfortable. Just too tired. It was a busy day at work and a long drive. I not only had to pay for the cost of the course but also the hotel and food. I'm supposed to be reimbursed once I pass the related exam. 
The last time I was on training was back to 2019, I think. I was sent to British Columbia for, 3 days and it was nothing but waste of time and money! We, I and a fella co-worker, flew to YVR and spent two nights, if I remember correctly, in a nice hotel. I didn't spend much on food and the food provided by the employer at their headquarters was awful! Just as bad or worse than the training that they provided! This time it would be different. Our training is done by a national institution, and I have had some studies and similar courses. So, we're hoping that everything goes well. The weather felt a bit colder here when we just arrived. It's only -1 ℃ (30.2 ℉) but felt colder, perhaps because there hasn't been cold recently and now, we feel cold even at this temperature! I'm tired and can't write anymore now.
(Photo: I like how the elevator control panel is made here in this hotel. That's the best photo that I can add at this moment!)

No comments: