Wednesday, November 08, 2023

Training Day (1)

I attended the first day of the training yesterday. Not so impressed. Regardless of the fact that I was not in the list, which could have been my own fault, the course was shit! 75 pages were covered in a day. The day had been scheduled from 08:30 to 04:30, with two 15-minute and one half-an-hour lunch break. While all the breaks were given, the class was ended at 15:20 or so. The topic: Mostly bullshit! It was so bad that even the instructor indicated parts that we, the students, would not have to study! I spent the entire afternoon studying and doing home assignments and even got up early to cover more. Not so productive and we're going to have an exam today which will be taken into account for our final grade.  
My work buddy, a not very friendly fella suggested to go to a local Chinse restaurant. I agreed. Not that I like Chinse food. It's because everything around is just as bad. Paid some $18 for a plate of pieces of something which was supposed to be Beef and large pieces of Broccoli and White Onion, drowned in a thick brown sauce! I think Broccoli and Onion were fine, as long as you discarded the layer of the sauce. The meat, not so sure! I'd rather not to name the business because some people might find my writing offensive and a bad publicity for the restaurant. Big Head, that's what I call my work buddy, paid a little more than $19 for a combination of a small bowl of soup and a big tray of different pieces of food and Rice! Being from a poor country and having struggled his whole life, according to him, he ate all of the meat pieces, regardless of what they were and left the vegetable cuts and Rice left! The Rice looked awful from where I was sitting, and I don't blame him. The funny thing is he even didn't finish the soup and half of his can of Soda! 
Imagine this: Chinese food + Chinese bowl of soup + Soda. I don't think that will make a good combination! So, in a nutshell everything has been bad so far: Food, the course, the place that we are staying, and the funny thing is some of the geniuses are trying to find out if this instructor who is from Ontario, could stick around to provide another training for them! 
I, if I survive this, will certainly talk to the company to send us somewhere else for the next course, as I know that what the plan is.
(Photo: This meal looks better than it was! It was socked in a type of nasty sauce but I'm still alive. The results will be known later!)  

No comments: