Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Out after 10 Years (3): Lack of Good Planning

I always plan all the details of my trips well in advance and execute them precisely. It started to fail nearly two years ago when I went to Las Vegas with Alphonse to do the hike of Boundary Peak! I've written about my failure so there's no need to humiliate myself! Then just a month ago I even missed my flight and didn't even go to the destination. I think one of the reasons is the amount of time I spend driving. It really tires me out. 
For this trip though I started planning two month ago but today it was proved that it was not working well! I needed to get JR Pass for my travel between different cities, so went to a train station. I was told there that I needed to go to Shinjuku Station which is only 10-15 minutes walk. So I said why would I pay ¥150? I can walk. So I went there and I was told I had to purchase online! I went back to the hotel, purchased the pass, transferred the information to my phone in a PDF file format and walked back. I was told that they needed the reservation number which I had not saved! I tried to retrieve that from my phone, but I couldn't and I walked back to the hotel! I wrote the reservation number on a piece of paper and walked back to the office. I got lucky that the number was closed but I had booked my return ticket for today while my departure ticket was for tomorrow! The girl was very nice and corrected it!
I walked back to the hotel and decided to go to Imperial Palace after a little eat. It was there that I was proven to be a horrible planner for this trip! The Imperial Palace is not an amusement park that everyone can go inside easily. There're morning and afternoon tours at certain hours and you need to provide an Identification card. So, again, I went back all the way to the hotel but by train and I paid!
You can have an advanced Sony camera by paying ¥445770. It is only CAN $4195!
I then decided to use my last trip of the day by going shopping in a major chain electronic store in Shinjuku named Yodobashi Camera. I find myself in the store almost at the desired time despite the fact that the GPS in the phone, again, was not very helpful! For people of Canada who first saw Future Shop and then Best Buy, they shall see this store to understand what a real electronic store is: This is a store in 8 floor and you can find everything in there! Just don't forget that you need good amount of money. I wanted to buy a Casio wristwatch and I did. It was again lack of a good communication but I got it! Too bad that I had purchased a laptop and a handset before the trip. Otherwise it was a good place to buy those! I'm going to get ready for sleep as tomorrow I will have a trip outside the city of Tokyo and I'm very tired.
(Photo, top: Shinjuku is considered one of the main entertainment cities within the city of Tokyo. Drinking, eating, karaoke, girls, you name it but I think I'm too old for all. I just passed through to do my shopping. I haven't even tried a restaurant, café or bar!)

No comments: