Saturday, January 13, 2018

Entertainment in McDonald's

I was only capable of keeping my promise partially throughout  the week! I went to McDonald's a few times because I didn't want to get stuck in the traffic but I used the 8th Coffee Promotion Card(!), mostly. Today though I woke up, had a shower and shave and realized everyone was still asleep. So decided to go for breakfast instead of waking them up by my noise due to the small size of our place. However my calculation was wrong and I did something stupid which cost me more than usual. I went to a McDonald's location which is mostly a hangout for homeless, drug addicts and hobo in general. Had a coffee and breakfast sandwich without taking my computer with me. Surprisingly the place was quiet and clean! Then went to another location close by, which although is a hang out for the same people as well (no offence to the lovely Indigenous people but that's where they mostly gather and ask for money and I'm not going to say what location is that) but you feel more secure. Big mistake! I went in there with half of my coffee still in the cup and in my winter jacket's pocket and ordered two breakfast sandwiches. Surprisingly, again and for the second surprise of the day, the Egg on Whole Grain Bagel sandwich (I customized that by eliminating the damn Cheese, Butter and I don't know what else!) tasted good and fresh! The other one was a customized sandwich as well. I usually eliminate Cheese, Butter, Sausage Patty and even the White Flour English Muffin! I started my online lesson after I finished the sandwiches and paid not much attention to the surrounding. Then I realized a young couple came in. You could tell from their appearance that they were not normal. The guy, a Caucasian fella in his late 30's, in a baseball cap and jeans said something loudly to the girl and then disappeared. Later on I realized that he was in the washroom. It was OK for a while until I heard a loud animal roar! It sounded such as an animal was being butchered alive! That was a guy in the washroom! Fortunately I didn't have to go in there but the noise was so loud that a couple of  the McDonald's employees, as usual Filipinos, came over and started their investigation! That was one hell of a scene and the guy's shouts was getting louder and more frequent! One guy came from outside to use the bathroom but changed his mind after opening the door and having a look inside! The McDonald's fellas decided to call the police while the supposedly girlfriend of his went inside to check on him but only looked quickly and backed up! The guy in the bathroom, according to McDonald's guys had injected himself with something and the reaction was that! 
I had seen police in that location but I don't know why I had not learnt my lesson! In the meantime I knew that police would not be there soon. The guy eventually came out while suffering, looked like from a stomach pain. I was thinking that we had another show, this one not only with audio but also with video(!), in the lobby but he surprisingly, as the third surprise of the day(!), left the restaurant shortly, of course before the cops arrive. I stayed there a little longer until a group of three Native people showed up at the table next to me, a young man and woman and a kid. They looked fairly normal and I tried not to do anything that triggers the guy, although there were other tables empty and I wondered why he chose the one next to me! The rest of the story is not important. Everything went normal again and that was when I realized my computer was fully charged. I thought I should get the hell out of there before something more serious and dangerous happens!
(Photo: This fella and a girl, who by the way was a very beautiful blue-eyed blonde came shortly after the show was over(!) From the first sight it was obvious that the guy was a drug addict and then they went to the washroom, I guess together, for probably a quickie and then separately to do some drugs after that. When they came out it was clear that the girl, in his mid-20's had sniffed or injected enough and was waiting for the pleasing affects!)

No comments: