Tuesday, May 08, 2018

The Second Month of Disappointment

The result of V. Work came out last week and I, again, lost the result to another volunteer for the second consecutive month. That is a quite disappointment and parhaps that's why I was not very successful the past weekend and despite plenty of free hours, I was not able to work much. I knew my contributions were not significant but I had a little hope but apparently that was an empty one! 
I sat at the damn, disgusting library, which resembles a bar in terms of noise more than a library(!), and couldn't do much! I did even worse at home because unless it's winter it's very hard to sit at home for hours and hours without doing much. I had promoised myself that this month I would contribute as much as needed to be able to win the monthly recognition award but I failed. It's evident that the other person had worked harder than I did. I already am discouraged for this month but will I be able to compensate and rob the award from him/her?
I guess there're three reasons for not being to work as hard as I want on this matter:
  1. Being tired such as a dead man most of the time, particulalrly weekdays
  2. Lack of a significant reward
  3. Laziness
In a way reason number 1 stems from reason number 2! And the reason number 3 stems from having a job which although is not well-paid but it covers most of the expenses.

No comments: