Saturday, July 14, 2018

Canon's Amazing Service and Products

I dropped my telephoto lens when I A. F. was showing me around in Summerland two years ago and partially broke it! He took me to Summerland Sweets and then we went to a railroad bridge, I guess it was and I had it in my camera bag and silly me I had not zipped it! It fell 10 m. down and boom! The little motor which make the zooming available broke. This at side but when I told A. F. that I had dropped the thing(!) down in the ravine he got upset and said that it would take me 1 hour to get it and left while I had no car and basically didn't know my surrounding very well. I never brought that up and I went down and got the lens in less than 15 minutes and called him! He came and picked me up. This is not the topic of this post but the way I look at it is he would stay with me and even if he was not going down he could wait up on the rail until I get the thing and then we would leave together but I think friendship has a different meaning for him or it's because we're not that close of a friend. 
I sent the lens to Canon in Ontario nearly after 2 years. They work on it and eventually said to me that they would not be able to fix it. They sent me a new one for the initial cost that I had paid for diagnosis. I haven't had the chance to take any photo with it yet but I tried it and it's good. Excellent work but Canon and to add, as a very good thing, this lens was obtained for me by The Lady from Shopper's Drug Mart. She used all of the points that she had accumulated for years and got that for me! And now where she is? I don't know. Perhaps remarried. I hope wherever she is she's happy.
(Photo: An EF600 Canon telephoto lens is sold for more than $9000. An excellent tool for bringing far objects close. Mine, of course, is much less powerful and much less expensive than this!)

No comments: