Sunday, November 25, 2007

Murrin Provincial Park

I had a short ride to Murrin Provincial Park today in the afternoon. The park is located on Sea to Sky Highway (Highway 99) shortly before you get to Squamish. It was a little hard for me to leave home because it was more than a month that I had not been to a ride. I finally got out at about 03:00 PM. I was doing very well because when it’s cold you pedal faster to get warm and there’s no disturbing heat that makes you sweat and overwhelmed quickly. It took a little less than an hour to get to the park. There were only three fishermen in there. Murrin is actually a very small park but in summer gets packed. People go there to swim in Browning Lake, walk, do a little fishing or have something at the picnic benches. The park is named after Mr. Murrin, the head of British Columbia Electric Company, the firm which donated the land. I stayed only a few minutes over there, took photos, rode around the lake and headed back.
It got colder and darker on my way back but didn’t have any problem. A light would have been definitely a huge help. I bought a light last year from MEC in Calgary but never had a chance to try it on. I just have tested it. After all it was a good exercise in this cold Nov. whether of this part of B. C.
(Photo: This map shows where the tiny park is located)

No comments: