Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Six Months at Work

I have been working this job for a little over 6 months now. I had a jump of $1.5 in my wage after I passed the probation and despite a few mistakes that I've done, I have been able to keep a good number of hours every two weeks, without a doubt, more hours than 98% of the employees. Some might laugh at this wage increase but $1.5 extra for every hour of work, makes a significant difference in a full-time position. 
What bothers me though are two things:

1- They hired a truck-load of people and now the hours are reduced because, obviously, more people are available to do the same work. There were days when I first started that I worked 10 hours

2- I had a great suggestion for their Quality system, based on my experience and the study that I did to the work but despite the initial acceptance, nothing has ever done to it! These morons knew that applying the new system would increase the quality of their performance but did nothing to it. 

I still have a few good ideas and I'm hoping I can discuss that with them. I was hoping that I can be moved up and from the floor to the office but it didn't happen. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the mishaps I have had or they simply are ignorant. Either one is not good for me. 
One thing that this job has helped me with, in addition to being out of home 6 days a week in today's society that the majority of people are stuck at home, is being pre-approved for a home loan. I haven't used that yet and many might not even think of purchasing a house in this economy but I might risk it. However nothing is certain. My hope is with the economy in Alberta going to Stage 1 we get more work and more hours or I get something better in my own field of expertise. 
There are not many jobs available while there are thousands of unemployed persons. I've only applied for two positions in the past month. I'll keep this job and I'll keep applying. 

No comments: