Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Elbow Falls in Rain

Lazy Ass called me the other day and said that he wanted to take me nice! I would be excited if I was a girl and he was my boyfriend(!) but I'm not but I know he feels lonely and wants to hang out with someone now that he has broken up with his girlfriend. Therefore I don't mind to hang out with him once in a while. I wondered where he wanted to go. So I went to his place and after a few minutes of chat, we got into his Honda and hit the road. He then told me what our destination was: Elbow Falls!
It sounded familiar to and told him that but first I didn't know why I has never been there while it sounded so familiar. Then I realized that: Elbow Falls is on Highway #66 where I have been to several time and had done two easy hike of Prairie Mountain and Moose Mountain.
I was really tired after eight and a half hour of work but sat next to him and headed to east. He took Springbank Road instead of Highway #1 which is a very beautiful road. We then turned to Highways #22 and then, of course Highway # 66. Elbow Falls, in case you need to know, is located just before the Highway #66 winter gate and the reason why I had never been there is it is a good place for the elderly, kids, tourists and Asians such as Filipinos and Chinese so they can take photos and send them to their relatives in the villages and towns of their homeland to be so proud of being in Canada! In fact it is not much of a fall(!) but hey the Province has put a parking lot, washrooms, benches and handrails so people can enjoy it.
The rain became faster once we pulled into the parking lot and Lazy Ass asked me if I wanted to wait until the rain stops!!! I told him that rain, snow, hail and such would not stop me form a little walk by the river. There's a walk of 5 minutes from the parking lot to where the fall is. It's not actually so bad but like I said it's for very attractive for the above people. The funny thing is he had told me he would go hiking with me and here when we went up a little trail he had difficulty and decided to come back down! Then even during coming down he had to sit, yes(!), sit on his ass until I went and grabbed him to get is 240 Lbs. ass down the trail!
We then we headed back home taking Highway #1. He picked up some food from a McDonald's one the way. No wonder why he's that fat! By the time I got home I was so tired that I only showered and went to bed! I had a bag of chips that I finished it before arriving home as my dinner!
It, however didn't stop there. He called me the other day again and told me he had a good news! I asked him what he was and he said I should have gone to his place to hear that! I said okay and went there but first we went out to eat something and he chose Subway because they had this Buy 3 Footlong, Get 1 free deal. I agreed. He didn't think I would be able to finish 3 Footlongs, let alone 4. We got 4 and they were Vegetables, Rotisserie Chicken, Steak and Chicken Teriyaki. How also got one small soup, a cookie and a juice. It cost me $37 and I felt I should have paid because he took me all the way to the falls and back and although it didn't cost him that much of gasoline, I think it was okay. The challenge, as I said was me being able to finish 3 Footlongs! I finished the Vegetables and Rotisserie Chicken and then he gave me half of each of the two remaining Footlongs and I finished those as well! I don't know why it was a surprise to him but what was the good news!?
I had purchased a big ass television a 75" Sony Baravia and was waiting for its delivery. Why the hell would you buy such a big television?! It barely fits in his house! A guy showed with an SUV and dropped the damn TV! It was so heavy and so big! 48 kg, almost 106 lbs.! We hauled it in and I knew he was going to ask me to help him to install so I got the hell out while he was trying to figure out what the hell to do with the damn TV and kind of wondered if he should have gotten an 85" instead!!!! That what they say here: A fool and his money are soon parted! The other problem is the television has been used as a floor model! It means that has been left on for hours and hours before being sold to the guy for a price less than the original and that's probably why he could afford! I never asked him what triggered(!) him to go and buy such a big television because these youngsters always have an answers for the stupid things they do! If the smoke pot, they explain to you why it is so good! If they speed, they say why speeding is valid! The biggest television I ever purchased in Canada and that has been the only I ever purchased, was Sony 20" and never had purchased anything after that and if I will, it will not be bigger than 35" or something that fits my home. Not something that I should put in the room and watch it from the living home of the opposite home, across the street! 
(Photo: Part of the Elbow River hits a few big rocks and the so-called Elbow Falls is created! It's not that bad. If you have a 3-year-old kid and you want to take him/her for a walk in the nature or if you're over the age of 70, this is the place for you to have some fun!)

No comments: