Saturday, July 18, 2020

The Costly Effect of Over-Drinking!

With bars and restaurants oppening one after another, there's barely any week that The Chef doesn't call me to join him for a drink. However our " drinks " are only limited to Beer and not more than 2 or 3 but even that has a significnt affect on him. I've written about this before but I can't stop writing because it's funny while scary! Yes! Funny and Scarry at the same time because you never know what his reaction might be!
So here we are and because he was some 30 minutes late I penalized him by asking to pay the bill but went easy. In fact I wanted to ditch him and even left the area but then turned back(!) because I said to myslef: What he hell?! What am I going to do at home?! I'm going to waste my time there so I might as well waste it with The Chef in a bar! 
We sit and a waitress, who has served us before and I think she even knows The Chef, appears. We order a bottle for me and a Pint for him. The bar is not very crowed, perhaps because of the weather which is sunny and nice. The Chef then asks for the menu and tell me to order some food. I then ordered a Stuffed Mushroom and a plate of Wings. I know the bar's food is not good but he insists and here I'm sitting more than 24 hours and haven't gone ill! Whatever happens, will happen in coming years! Now The Chef orders the second Pint and they are big and usually after the second one he gets frozen! That's how fast alcohol affects his brain! He becomes slow in everything and you have to repeat, at times even more than twice, to get a response from him! We eat the food and drink and he suggests me to get the second bottle of my Kokanee. I eventually give up and the waitress brings the 2nd for me and the third Pint for him. Here he's full and his body doesn't have the capacity to absorb! Add to that being slow because now the brain sends the message to parts of his body in a speed much slower than usual! I use this opportunity and call for the bill. I know if we're not leaving, he'll drink more and becomes dangerous! The bill comes and it's $47.68. He wanst to make it $60 to have a good tip for the waitress but i tell her, while holding the machine, to make it $55. On the way out I notice that he's not behind me! I turn back and he's standing next to a waitress who's serving the next table and is talking to a bunch of guys! She freaks out but the good thing is he doesn't do anything but standing and staring at the girl and the guys! 
Another hail storm in Calgary while running away from The Chef. Happily nothing major happened to my car
I pull him out and go back and apologize to the people! Here at this point he's asking me where we're going! I tell him that we're going home because we've had enough! 
At home I decide to have another sneak peak at Lazy Ass's food storage(!), I'd like to call it! But before that and when we're approaching the home I think I heard The Brave and we both got scared because no one knows what his reaction might be when he sees both of us with alcohol smell! We sign after a minute! It appears that he's one of the Hindu guy's buddys on the main floor who is talking loadly and sounded like The Brave! I go up and open the freezer and get a Half Backed ice cream cup and we finish it together quickly although that much sugar is bad for The Chef because he has problem with blood sugar! Now imagine you have three Pints of beer and 1/4 cup of ice cream! How much sugar do you get from that?! The ice cream is finished and it's not bad. Not to mention that I've never tried this brand which I think it's called Ben & Jerry! Now his new roommate, a guy from Lahur has joined us. He's making some sort of desert for himself and I keep telling The Chef that we're going to have something because I'm hungry. In fact I wanted to finish eating there and leave nothing for the time I'm home! Lazy Ass's freezer is loaded with food but mostly should be cooked! Some cooked food have mold on them(!) and that becomes a good topic to talk to the Hindu guy! I tell him that he has to pick up the phone and call the landloard about the risk(!) that he's exposed to! He eventually is convinced to take a photo and send it to the landlord, something that I will follow up, hopefully, next week! 
I tried this brand for the first time. I have promissed myself not to buy ice cream again but that was free and I finished 3/4 of it by myself!

I go back to The Chef and eventually he says that he has two sandwiches and we're going to eat them! He reaches to a box on the floor which looks like have nothing but plastic bags(!) and takes out two wraps, one Cheicken and one Lamb/Beef! I was hoping to get half of each but he cut them to three pieces, giving his roommate a piece as well! The cheap bastard was waiting for a moment like that because it appeared he had not eaten to save money! So he finished the bites as quick as I did! The Chef in the meantime still is in his slow-motion mode! I crave for more food but I think if I stay longer things might not appear in a way that I like! The Pakistani guy now is finished with his dessert and pours into a bowl and offers us. It's something similar to what we have in the old country as well and I haven't tried it for decades! It's a sort of side-dish or as I said dessert that starch, could be Rice, is boiled and cooked in Milk. I tell The Chef that I'll have to check the car and use this opportunity and get the hell out! The storms is started and on my way home he calls twice and I ignore his call! 
(Photo, top: This bar is trying to use some insentives to attract customers. In their menu instead of wrting ... KEEP YOUR BALOT ENTRY IN ORDER TO CLAIM ... They have written ... BALOT ENTRY I ORDER TO CLAIM!)

No comments: