Thursday, June 29, 2023

Early Celebration

Before heading to the CBSA College in Quebec, after being selected to become a Border Officer, and I failed, as usual(!), my friend's (at the time) wife, said something: She said don't celebrate early! She, of course didn't know that I would come back home with my tail between my legs(!) but she was right. Unless you have the Job Offer letter in your hand, nothing is finalized. 
Getting to that stage of CBSA was not easy but passing all the courses at the college in such a short period of time was hard. Too much pressure. Of course I was not the only one who could not finish the program, and that is not an excuse, but overall it was not a pleasant experience. The people who graduated are set for life: Easy job, good salary, Government pension, paid vacation, you name it. It was a mistake from the beginning, by me, to even think of such a job. Instead of spending time on such a thing, I should've devoted myself to studying and job search and I was better off today. Look at the people who were there and the majority of them finished the program and are enjoying their lives now: 1) Bartender 2) Legal Aid 3) Out-of-work Salesperson 4) seasonal Railway Worker and a few similar workers in the same salary range.
With that in mind I just received a message from another Government position job that I had applied a few month ago. It seems that I have been selected to go further in the selection process. I was expecting that because this job really matches what I used to do and is certainly up my alley but I'm not going to celebrate early! I'm just go to send a message and show my enthusiasm and than them.
(Photo: Former Lakers, Nick Young is known for his early celebration at a home game when he attempted a 3-pointer! You can see that he has turned back before the ball goes in and is celebrating!) 

No comments: