Thursday, June 15, 2023

I Don't Care (Repeat!)

I live in a quiet neighbourhood. That's what I wanted. It gets sometime a little noisy in summer because people are outside but still is okay. There has never been any major issue. There was this old nosy woman across the street who complaint about my lawn(!) but I ignored him and she shut up. She sold her damn place and moved out a few weeks ago. Then there're these couple who do nothing but smoking weed and playing with the little flowers and lawn in front of their place, all afternoon and evenings in summer! The guy wanted to befriend me but I shut him up after a few times he was trying to be smart. I even once going to report him as he was sawing some damn things at 22:00 hours but I changed my mind, the last minute.
I was at my desk the other night and I think I was watching a clip (that how I waste most of my time!) and her a woman shouting. I couldn't tell what house it was but and I could barely hear the worlds but eventually I heard she was shouting the term that Canadians and American use a lot, on daily basis: I DON'T CARE!
I actually had to concentrate and focus(!) to be able to hear properly, due to the distance. And then she went: WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO TELL YOU TO DO! 
I don't know what that was about but obviously it was a couple's fight. At one point I dialed 911 and I was about to push " send " but hesitated! Then I decided to call my neighbour who's an older lady and has given me her number recently (not that for relationship purposes!) to see what she says but then I though she would think I'm crazy! The fight ended shortly after that. 
I wanted to talk about this " I DON' CARE " which has destroyed the North American society. Not that the other countries are way different. It is way worse in the US and Canada. There're no day passing buy without hearing " I DON'T CARE ", " I DON'T GIVE A S*IT " and so forth. In fact this is the first phrase that I learnt after coming to Canada. This " I DON'T CARE " has come to the point that:
  1. Now there're neighbourhoods in the city which has become predominantly East Indians! There were this big Pizza Hut at the corner of Castleridge and Falconridge when I first came to Canada. It was turned to an East Indian business and has remained the same for many years. 
  2. There're jobs which are predominantly East Indian (or any other ethnic group of similar nature!) which others have no or little chance to get in, such as Class 1 drivers. 
  3. The damn traffic become worst every year. I was on the highway the other and all of a sudden there was this gridlock! There're nothing that I hate the most. Driving and stopping and then driving and stopping again and going forward for three feet and stopping again. It messes up the fuel, the clutch and gearbox and my nervous system! Going forward like that for nearly 15 minutes finally saw what had happened. More than five vehicles had collided! Some might say it could have happened anywhere and has nothing to do with overpopulation. Wrong, It certainly has. More damn cars on the road and more idiots who think they can drive! 
  4. Water is a major issue in the province now. Probably in other parts of the country as well. Sections of the province is so parched that the farmers have no hope they can get a good crop this year. 

The list can go on and on but this is just the beginning. But shall not be forgotten is that the Government needs cheap labour. Who would work all these shit jobs with near minimum wage? " I DON'T CARE " policy, has advantages and disadvantages for the country. There's no doubt that the disadvantages are way more than the advantages and this has started to show. 
(Photo: As many as five vehicles were involved in an incident a couple of days ago in the middle of highway. Regular day, no rain, no fog, no smoke no nothing bust stupidity and lack of driving skills. That caused a backup of at least 15 minutes and the toilet-eaters of Government of Canada want to bring more people to the country!)

No comments: