Sunday, June 07, 2015

Exercising in a Cold Place

Summer is upon us and officially will start 2 weeks from now but for many the heat has already started its job. The temperature has not gone more than 25 degree Centigrade but I felt it one I was running down at the Bow River Pathway at around 09:30 this morning.
We had a plan to do our Ice Skating exercise so we hit the ice in Crowchild Twin Arenas for the first time in 3 months. The temperature in the blue arena was cold and felt so good when we took shelter from burning sun in the afternoon. There were only as many as 8 people on the ice for the entire time. It felt a bit tough at the beginning because we had not have practiced in 3 months but then it was fun and we were enjoying. I have no idea how much it costs to the communities to have their arena up and running in summer but it should not be cheap. I know they all have funds from municipality but how? I don't know. I know Olympic Oval takes the ice off in summer and puts it back in Aug. That's due to the cost of course. We hope we will be able to go for me practice during this summer as long as the ice is available. 

No comments: