Saturday, January 25, 2020

Recognition

I was at work a few days ago and the supervisor approached me, for the second time in the past two weeks and told me that I was doing really well and added: " If everyone was working like you … ". I thanked him and indicated that would not have been possible, had it not been all his guidance and supervision! Of course I said that to be respectful and nice(!), not that he's a bad man or anything. He's just not involved directly with us, the grunts! 
Then in the middle of the day I was on my break, sitting at a table and eating and he called me on the radio, asking me to go to the office. My co-worker, sitting next to me, told me to tell him I was on my break! I was going to tell him: Are you out of your freaking mind?! Under no circumstance I would tell the supervisor I am on the break when he calls me, even if I have full mouth! 
I went to the office and there he was and the lady who is the manager's rep. in operations. They directed me to a room, which is used for private matters such as interview and he told me: You're in trouble! I started computing(!) and searching in my mind to see what I had done that gotten me in that! He didn't give me any time and asked me to sit. I sat and there they provided a gift card and thanked me for my all work! I, again, indicated that it would not have been possible, had it not been the advices and guidance the supervisor provided and the lady added that: " And you listened and implemented them all " I even had received gift cards in the previous job but that was different. I had and still have different feelings about it. There are other worker here who at times are better than me. I have made a number of mistakes and I even haven't finished my probation period. So it's quite surprising to have the gift card. The value is not bad but the fact that they consider me a valuable employee and recognized me, id important especially in this market where jobs are really scarce. I need to keep this job until I find something better and I think I have proved myself and they will keep me.
(Photo: The recognition, was of course, in the shape of gift card but I decided to use this photo, not that is so important to know, in order not to advertise any type of gift card!)

No comments: