Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Is this the most Wonderful Time of the Year?!

The temperature has gone down so much in the past ten days or so that my Check Engine light came up for the first time in the past 11 years that I have been driving this car! The worst was yesterday that when I started the engine it was -28 ℃ (-18.4 ℉) and I let it run for a few minutes to warm up, something I normally don't do if it's not this cold. Then I head to work and while I was only couple of minutes from the highway, I looked at the thermometer and it was showing -34 ℃! (-29.2 ℉)! I guess it was where the light came up! All these years living in Canada I have never experienced something like that. 
At the time I had no choice to drove to work. I know if I take it to a dealer the first thing they ask for is a $90 or anything around that, just to look but I know I need to do that. If it breaks down on a road, it would not look pretty in this weather. I think it's probably the time to get a new car. 
(Photo: The car thermometer showing the outside temperature regardless of windchill)

No comments: