Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Supplement

I was goin' to summarize It doesn't take the hero here and write interesting parts as a supplement to the blog but found there won't be enough time. Then I changed my mind and I think I can write some. Here's what I chose for today:
First of all Schwarzkopf is a German name and indicates that he's originally from there, of course. Secondly, I didn't know that the book is not just about Desert Shield and Desert Storm operations, which led to freedom of state of Kuwait. It's an autobiography. The book basically begins with the beginning of the Second World War, when his father goes to Iran to manage a process of supplying Soviets against Germans. The title of book comes from what he said in a TV interview:
It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.