Tuesday, April 17, 2018

The White Boy

I was going to start a supplement(!) under the category of Cargill Stories but then I though since a few of the stories were posted years ago, at the time I was employed by the company, it would probably not be such a very good idea, Then I thought it could be done despite that fact and I haven't made my mind yet!
I worked for the company for a little more than 5 years and to this day I regret the fact that I did not get myself together to get the hell out of the plant sooner. I will write more details about the place and work but this one, which goes back to more than 12 years ago is about a very beautiful fight between a fat, disgusting, pig-like Lebanese guy and a Caucasian one. 
The fat f*ck was a long-time employee and the Caucasian guy had recently joined at the time of this incident. I remember that the two had arguments a few times and the Lebanese guy would call him White Boy(!) every time they spoke. I really don't know what  the argument was about but I do know that Lebanese have been living in Canada for decades now. In fact that fat, disgusting, animal could have been born in the country. Many poor nations Indians (of Punjabi origin, Sikhs), Chinese, Caribbean craps, you name it have roots in Canada basically because they all had hard time in their original country: Not much food, no electricity, no well-paid job, no security, etc. While Iranian destroyed their own country by their own hands and minds and started to flow to Canada in late 90's!
Tyson versus Berbick in 22-Nov-1986. On this day, the young Tyson, whom this post could not have been completed(!) without a photograph of him, destroyed the Jamaican-born boxer Trevor Berbick and won the world title. Berbick whom years later was murdered in his country of origin by a family member, had recently defeated Mohammad Ali and was very confident but lost the bout in round 2!
Anyways one day in the locker room I saw those two again and this time it was different. I, again, don't remember what triggered them to go at it but I clearly remember that the Caucasian guy made a fist, pulled his arm back and throw a nice jab (I hope I'm correct in terms of the technical term. Boxers, please help!) at the fat, disgusting Lebanese! The guy lost his balance and was thrown at least 3 feet back! At this moment the crowed, which I forgot to mention that had gathered nearby, stormed to the two to separate them! That was an unforgettable and beautiful scene and that's why I still remember that after all these years! I have watched many boxing bouts, more specifically the ones that my all-time favourite boxer, Mike Tyson, is one of the fighters but I have to admit that the punch that the Caucasian guy threw has been, even to this day, one of the most beautiful ones that I have ever seen!
The companies usually have zero tolerance for fights. They normally fire at the least one, the one who starts the fight, obviously and depending on the situation suspend the second one. I, again, don't recall what their fate was but that what the policy is.
(Photo: Carcasses are hung where the temperature is slightly above freezing. If they're not chilled, working on them would be very difficult for labourers. This picture is from another Cargill facility, down in the US and I hope Cargill doesn't mind it that I'm using it for my web-log. I actually worked in this part of the facility briefly and since it was a long time ago I don't recall what it was that I had to do[!] but possibly just pushing the carcasses out and to the fabrication floor)

No comments: