Sunday, September 04, 2005

The Cable Guy

I watched The Cable Guy for the first time through Movie Central when I was a roommate of Resurrect. The movie is one of Jim Carrey's that is not as popular and likable as the others of him like Dumb and Dumber, The Mask and Liar Liar. Then I bought the DVD (Only about $14) from a&b Sound and watched it a few more times and I like to watch it again. The more I watch the movie the more I understand that the characteristic of the lead actor of the movie (Carrey) is close to Resurrect in certain ways!
Of course the main difference is the cable guy suffers from a disease that makes him in need of speech therapy and because of that problem the guy is lonely and desperately seeks for friends while in the other hand Resurrect is an angry, ugly, unsociable, thoughtless, crazy guy who nobody is able to tolerate him for a long time. I used to live with him for a 12 months period and the only reason is we didn't used to see each other very much. Hojam used to be his roommate for 13 months and then ran away! He once said when I get close to that townhouse, all the memories come to me like nightmare!
(Photo: In this scene of the movie Carrey as a bathroom attendant gives Wilson a good service!)

No comments: