Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Breakthrough

I did my regular Cooper Test exercise in a different way yesterday which led to an amazing result. I did 5 min. of jugging at the rate of 5.5 to 6 miles per hour. Then I had a short pacing, and turned the machine on and quickly increase the speed to 7 miles per hour. I passed the first 6 min. doing that speed and then slowly every 2 min. or so added 0.2 mile per hour to the rate. I gained 1.43 miles at the end and was classified as good for the first time.
I should say it was a quick advance, a breakthrough but got me really tired. I think if I practise this method for a few months, I’ll be fine. I mailed the physician examination which I had gotten from the doctor in Squamish to CF yesterday and they should have it today (It was express mail which cost me a little more than $7 for a 30 KM distance mail!) That was the last thing they needed from me. So I’m hoping to hear from them in a few months to a year.

No comments: