Sunday, October 26, 2003

How do Canadians Behave Toward You as a Non-Caucasian?

You get different treats from Canadians here in Calgary which is known as Redneck City. Sometimes you meet very nice people who kindly talk to you, smile at you and you never get such a behaviour in anywhere else. I can name Serena, the young pretty marathon girl whom I first met in Sears in Downtown Calgary and If I had not been this much stupid that I am(!), I would have had a good friend now! And Katie the blond, blue-eyed pretty nurse and a few more. Today I was studying in Tim Horton's and an old lady, came to me and started talking. She asked what I was studying and then introduced herself as a teacher and thought I was Lebanese. I told her that I wasn't and she was so kind to me and introduced me to her sister and when I told her that I was studying for ASQ she said that they'd pray for me!
See? That's how some Canadians are. You can't predict. Some are very nice to you and some ... better not to say. But I think if I were them I might behave the same. I'll write more about this later.

No comments: