Thursday, March 20, 2014

Workplace Stories (13): The Cell

One of the issues I have with this damn stupid job of mine is that I have to be sited at the desk for a long time. It didn't use to be like this but the work is a bit slow now and that's what I don't like. I get a chance to get out of the building everyday at noon. I normally have a walk of 15 to 20 minutes if the weather allows. 
The other day I was going to the other floor and there was this little space between the door and the L part of the corridor which is hidden from the main entrance to the floor. I thought to myself that I could walk form where the view is blocked to the wall and come back and repeat this for minutes! There is 6 steps from the corner to the wall. It reminded me of when Papillon was in solitary confinement! He was trying to keep his health so he did push ups and walks. I'm basically in the same situation here: I'm trapped in the company. Haven't found any other jobs and I needs daily exercises! 
(Photo: The distance between where the corridor turns and the end wall seen here is almost 6 steps and a little longer than what Steve McQueen was taking in the 1973 movie, Papillon)

No comments: