Friday, December 30, 2016

Hannibal, Simply Grusome

It had been a long time that I wanted to see Hannibal, the sequence to one of the greatest movies of all time, The silence of the lambs. I eventually succeeded and got very disappointed at the same time, last time! I saw the DVD a few times in different stores including HMV, where I normally go for my movie and music shopping and wanted to buy it but hesitated. I'm happy today that I didn't! I wouldn't spend even a Penny on a movie like that although I must have the movie I liked regardless of the number of the time that I have watched it.
The movie starts with a hideous face that I don't even want to remember it. Apparently this is a guy who have mutilated his own face under the influence of what Dr. Hannibal Lecter has given him and his instruction. So the movie is based on this guy (played by Gary Oldman whom cannot be recognized!) trying to lure Dr. Lecter to his place, which is by the way a big palace and Special Agent Clarice Starling trying to finish her mission by arresting Dr. Lecter
The problem is there's no Jodi Foster now and Julianne Moore plays Clarice which by the way is awful. I had seen only one movie of Moore prior to this and that was the small role she had in The Fugitive which was fine but here when you compare her to J. Foster, she does not deliver even 1/4 of Foster did in the previous movie. She is very mechanical, cold and emotionless. Even when she's holding a gun it's very uncomfortable! As per Hopkins I have to say that he's more active here in this movie and as smart as the previous one but he eventually is caught by the defaced guy guys(!) and is about to be fed to pigs! 
Another amazing thing that I experienced about this movie is that it's directed by Ridley Scott! I couldn't believe such a bad movie comes out of his hand. The guy has Alien, Blade Runner, Prometheus and Black Hawk Down in his resume but at the same time he has the ridiculous The Martian as well, the movie that I could not stand and didn't even finish it! 
In addition to directing there are a number of good actors such as, as I mention above Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Hopkins and a few foreigners but none of them help the movie. This is one few movies that I've watched and they all despised me. I'd better name the other two that I disliked a lot and will never watch:
1. The Revenant.
2. The Martian.
I guess enough has said about this wasteful, disgusting movies. I give 1 out of 5 to this movie.
(Photo: Picture from the final scene of the movie. In fact Julianne Moore beauty was the only pleasing part of this movie, especially when she was in this black dress showing one of his boobs. However her cold, bellow average performance helped the other elements of the movie to have a very bad experience. She is not even comparable to Jodie Foster in the previous movie Silence of the lambs)

No comments: