Thursday, March 24, 2016

10 Cloverfield Lane: A Strong Movie

I watched the first movie in probably 6 month this week finally. After ignoring two major movies, I watched 10 Cloverfiled Lane with my brother. I have to say that I'm really impressed. Such a strong movie: Great plays, great story and good direction. I have not seen Cloverfield although I own it on disk but it is said that this new movie has some connection with that.
The movie does not have a slow start. That's what's good about it. It doesn't throw you out of the chair. There are movies that you need to wait for minutes for them to actually start. This one pulls you with you right from the beginning. The other thing about that and I'm writing all these without revealing the story for the ones who haven't seen it yet, is that it's very scary. I'm not a fan of scary movies, particularly the ones with lots of blood and gore scene, but this one is a good one without those ugly scenes, in a sense quite similar to The Shining which scares you with the music and scenes without blood or stupid savagery! 
The movie is not very long either but I looked at my cellphone's clock at least 3 times after 1 hour because it was being really suspicious and somehow irritating to me! Now they say that there might be sequels to that and I can see how. Many movies are made in a way that they always leave a question in the mind of the viewer. Prometheus did that very clearly. This movie at the end, when the actress stops for a second in the middle of the road to listen to the radio's message clearly, also brings this question to mind that what she would face when she goes to Houston. I would rate this movie at least 4 out of 5. It is highly recommended but not for fainted heart!
(Photo: The three and only characters of the movie in a bunker type shelter. Shocks occur during the movie occasionally and they all look up to see what it is, just like this scene. John Goodman has a very strong performance in the movie, just like everything else that I've watched with him in it)

No comments: