Thursday, May 05, 2016

Alberta's Parched

It was hot and dry in the past 10 days or so and finally we had a little rain today. We had a similar break a few days ago but I didn't have time to write about it. The fact is the entire province is facing drought which could hurt ranchers. That's what I read a few weeks back, I guess. The last of enough rain can be seen easily in the city. Although it's turning green now but the grass, flowers and trees don't look very happy. This is a continuation from the damn last mild winter. 
The dryness has also named as a cause of recent wild fire in northern Alberta. I'm not going to repeat what's been completely covered by media here but if I could, I would go there to see what I could do, possibly through volunteer groups. 
(Photo: Taken from inside the car this shows a little rain of today in one of the major road of the cities. I was coming out of a driveway and I was tired to go for a walk so this is all I have from a nice rainy May day of an Albertan city!)

No comments: