Thursday, July 27, 2006

Invitation


I received the invitation letter to oath ceremony from CIC finally today. That took almost 6 months! I have to attend the ceremony in Aug.24. I was gonna give them a call in Aug.07 as that would be the day which 6 months has passed the day I wrote the citizenship test. The funny thing is it's stated if I wouldn't be there to take the oath, I either had to apply again or convinced the judge that I've had a good reason!
Another thing which sounds like a joke to me is that I can have a holy book as an optional choice when I'm swearing to the Queen! I have no idea how many people have made that swear, got their citizenship and then received the Canadian passport and misused it but using a holy book to make a false declaration is really funny.
... let's be more possitive and look at the bright side of the things!
(Photo: Ahmad Khadr, a Canadian citizen(!) who then became known as a very old and close friend of Osama Bin Laden, was killed in action almost 3 years ago, I guess, in Pakistan, fighting against American troops. I have a few posts in this regard back to Dec. of '03)

No comments: