Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Too Good to Be True

There are a total of 14 positions that I have applied so far in the past month that I am out of my job. It's just the fact that there are not many jobs available and there are way too many applicants. Or perhaps I'm not very qualified or over-qualified or maybe the available jobs are filled within the companies and through family members and friend. The last one is a big yes. 
So I applied for this job in British Columbia and today I was going to go out and my telephone rang. There was this guy who wanted to talk to me in regards to the position I had applied. It was not a bad conversation but to me it sounded a bit too good to be true, although nothing happened. What he said was that he would talk to his manager and they would probably get back to me for another interview. What surprises me a little bit is that the job had been applied probably less than 24 hours ago and unless they are desperately looking for a replacement, they wouldn't contacted me that fast. He also asked a question which is normally not asked in the first interview, I guess, and that was about the salary. I told him that as long as my salary was in the normal range of the industry, I would be fine with that. The amount he mentioned is of course way better than what I used to get but then the position is a higher one in the organization chart. I don't want to get ahead of myself and I know it will be a challenge but not a challenge that I would not be able to handle. If it doesn't happen, well then I will go back to career hunting.

No comments: