Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Career I Love

I just finished a long process of a position application in oil and gas industry as Quality Assurance Manager with Canadian Natural. That’s actually the best online application process I’ve ever seen so far. The job market is not very good at the moment. In the last 2 months I’ve only found 3 positions which fit my background and education while the last interview I had was in the last week of May! But this one’s the right position for me and that’s exactly what I’d love to do. Undertakings like:

Building teams
Work assignment
Preparing reports
Data gathering, analysis and conclusion
Meetings and discussions
Planning and scheduling
Audits
I know there’s only a little chance, but I’ve applied. My resume is not bad though. As Kamix used to say I wouldn’t lose anything. It’s just a few min., may be hours research and spending time on resume to enrich it. The companies rarely trust foreigners in application of key positions like that but I finally get what I want and I’ll fight until that day. The deadline for application is Aug.18. Why don’t you give it a try?

No comments: