Monday, June 12, 2006

The Break-Up


I watched The Break-Up today in Chinook. Last weekend, I guess it was Fri. night when I got there at 10:35 PM, I was told that it had been sold out. I guess most of the people who catch the movie, go to a theater to see the F.R.I.E.N.D.S star, Jennifer Aniston.
Aniston is probably the most popular star of the TV show, not only because of her appearance but also because of her relationship with Brad Pitt, which ended up later to breaking up! She's also the busiest star after the last episode of the funny TV show. The only other movie with her I watched is Bruce Almighty. She's a good actress in both movies and also Friends. Her boyfriend in the movie, which is not known to me very much, performs well but the movie is just something below average and I guess that's the lack of a good story or scenario.
The film, as a romance doesn't even have the usual scenes that you expect when you watch such movies, not even a kiss! Just the dialogue might be interesting to the audience. Like the two teenage girls who were sitting beside me and were laughing loudly and repeating what the couple say. Finally I enjoyed the movie but that's not what I expected. Why is it the second movie in top box office? I have no answer for this but Aniston.
(Photo: Jennifer Aniston in a scene of the movie)

No comments: