Saturday, October 02, 2004

Facts


I was taking a look at CBC website to see what's goin' on in Canada and the world and saw something about the 2004 World Press Exhibit (Oct. 4-23 - Toronto) The first to the third prize is also presented there, in different categories but they are awful and I think that the way it is. What else do you expect from a photojournalist? They all picture disasters and other unpleasant events. But what really got my attention is what is written in there about Iran. The reason that you find material about almost every country is there's a link in some news called " In Depth ". It works the way that when you read news about a country, the link takes you to the facts about that part of the world. Here's what I found about Iran:

1- 31.6% of the population – about 21 million out of the population of 66 million – are 14 or younger. Other estimates say that 70% of the population is under the age of 30.
2- 14% unemployment rate.
3- 17% inflation.
4- 53% of the population live below the poverty line.

What can I say but I'm really sorry for us? and damn who is really responsible for that and I know who this is. Don't you?
(Photo: This photo, a man carrying the dead bodies of his 2 sons in Bam earthquake, by Atta Kenaree, won the 2nd prize in Singles category. He works for France-Press)

No comments: