Monday, March 21, 2005

Flashback (2): Dave

I had a Canadian guy as my roommate when I used to live in D. H.’s house: Dave. He was a drunkard and worked for a body-shop. He used to come home usually with a bottle. I remember once D. H. and the kids were gone and I was alone. Dave came in and started talking to me. I noticed he was drunk. He took out his wallet and the next moment bills were raining all over the place. Although it has been about 2.5 years but I remember exactly that there were three $100 and a few more bills. I was tempted to grab them but didn’t. I felt sorry for him. He was an ugly short guy with a problem with his mouth, like Jean Chretien’s, who was kicked out of home because of his misbehavior. He used to say that he had a row with her gf and they broke up but I hardly believed it.
Anyway when D. H. and kids came back, I ran to him and said: Dave is here and he’s sober and lucid! He lifted the TV and was about to drop it and I stopped him!
The reason I said so was, first of all I was sick and tired of his misconduct and bullshits, secondly, I had recently watched Basic Instinct and there is a scene where Nick (Michael Douglas) is being interrogated. After the very first questions, the door opens and Beth (Jeanne Tripplehorn) enters. A detective asks Nick where he had been last night and what he had been doing. And he says he was home, watching TV. Beth confirms that and says when she was there, she saw that he was sober and lucid, while he really was not, in the movie. He was drunk! So I thought sober and lucid means drunk because I didn’t find any reason for Beth lying about Nick! I didn’t know that she was in love with him and trying to help him, save him! It’s pretty obvious what D. H.’s answer was!
Another time I was home and suddenly I saw two tall cops inside. There were so big that I didn’t notice that Dave came in with them! They asked me if I knew David. (They mentioned his surname and I don’t remember it of course!) I told them that I only knew his name. They asked if he lived there and D. H. stepped forward and told them that he was his tenant. We then found out that the poor guy was drunk and he had been lost! So one of the neighbors called the cops and they took him home!
He also used to order pizza and ask me what kind of pizza I liked. I don't remember clearly what happened in pizza story but remember once he forgot his pizza (Just one slice has been had) and I put it in my fridge and then ate it all! When D. H. asked me about what had happened to that I answered that I had it with a friend of mine who was here to see me, from Edmonton. He mentioned that there was pork in it and I said I didn't know that! So I got off the hook easily!
(Photo: Michael Douglas in a scene of movie Basic Instinct)

No comments: