Thursday, April 14, 2005

What Have I Done to My Life!!??

I went to my friend's home to help him with the invitation letter for his mother-in-law. W. W., who is called The Principal, as he used to be, is an Uzbek from Afghanistan. He, his wife and his five sons live in a beautiful big house with a large backyard and huge garage for three cars.
He acts like a king at home. Sits on the sofa and orders: Do this, bring that, go that way. Be here and so on. And all his sons and of course his wife just listen and obey. The only thing he doesn't have is a crown. He got five really handsome sons, from age 10 or 11 to 20 something. Just by seeing his life I told me: What have I done to my life?! Many years I was struggling to migrate to Canada. Then I came over and now I'm fighting to get a real career. And then what? Nothing! A big goose egg! No wife, No kid, No career, not even a girlfriend! What the hell am I really doing?!
At least he has his family and his house, although he has to work years to pay it off. I guess that's about $250 K. I think he's gonna go home and sees if he can sell part of his properties in there (if there's anything left) and help his house.

No comments: