Monday, March 31, 2008

Instability

One of the biggest issues of the people here in Western societies, I’m speaking specifically about Canada where I have experienced it and seen examples and also the US is instability in life. I give you examples by numbers:
1- Resurrect has been living in Canada for more than 15 years now and has changed his job several times. He served the Canadian Forces in the Navy, Worked for a Pizza Pizza (he claims that he owned it!), he co-owned a small bakery in Calgary and now the last thing I heard about him is he teaches in a UBC branch in Kelowna.
2- Keiv. P. used to have a Canadian roommate back to the time that I was hanging out with him and the guy had so many different licences and certificate, possibly using them each when it’s the time!
3- Dr. S. (Dr. Ass!) who’s got a PH. D. has been living in Canada for more than 6 years now and has no job yet, teaches in different universities and colleges off and on. They used to live in Montreal and now they live in B. C., planning to move to the US! Once I asked him: Doc., What do we have to do, in general to make a life? He said: This is the question that I have been asking me for 30 years!
4- Alfonse got his second M. Sc.(!) from an American university almost 3 years ago and it’s just a little longer than a year that he has a little stable job. Nevertheless he told me last time on the phone that the company that he works for was planning to move the facility to fucking China but he doesn’t think that that affects his job because obviously he’s not on the floor. I should add here that he once got kicked out off his job, was jobless for a quite long time, his visa got expired and he had to leave the country with more than $5000 debt.
5- Ben an American university graduate (I guess he got a Ph. D.) and a high school classmate of mine, had a job in Philadelphia, PA. but moved shortly after the new year to Texas, I guess because he lost his job and, I think found another one there. You can imagine how hard it is to migrate from PA. to TX. And obviously there was a gap in between but I don’t know how long it was.
6- Kamix, a guy who I used to talk to me on the phone and the net and lives in Toronto is a certified data analyst or something like that. He once worked as a mover or something close to that (he never told me what he was doing exactly) and broke his leg! Then worked for a kind of fun fair and when finally got his real job and make really good money, he used to be employed off and on.
Let me know if you want to know more of this shit!

No comments: