Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Flashback (18): Undercover Cops

Disclaimer: This post contains adult content. If, by any means, you are offended by such subjects, please avoid it: 
There’s a strip club in Downtown Calgary called The French Maid. We used to go there at times. It was close to home at the time and the admission was cheap (only $4 as far as I remember) and ... well we liked it.
I went there a few times with Keiv. P., once only the crazy guy, Ray, The Microbe (and that was the time he wanted to challenge me in Table Tennis!), once or a little more than a time with the Afghans and once or two times by myself.
The street, in the Downtown, like any other city, was a center for street prostitutes. Once we were there and I don’t remember if we were going in or coming out and there were two women sitting in a SUV, an old one not too far from the club. I don’t remember how because it’s been 6 years now, but somehow we, me and Keiv. P. approached them and they offered company. I guess they priced themselves $100 and then the one who was behind the wheel gave a mobile number and we left. Keiv. P. said that they were undercover police officers and I didn't believe it at the time but nowadays and after years of living in here I think that might be true.
Ray, The Microbe once encouraged me to call them to see if they are available and that was probably a little over a year after that time and I dialed the number and there was no answer, I guess. I’m still not sure if Keiv. P. was right or not but there were lots of stories in the news about CPS trying to wipe out prostitution from certain neighbourhoods in Calgary including Forest Lawn. So Keiv. P. could have been right.

No comments: